Sunday, October 30, 2016

PIC16F84A Prototyping Board

I was doing some experiments with PIC16F84A Microcontroller and I got bored doing it on project board. So I wanted to build a small prototyping board and I did. Here is my prototyping board for PIC16F84A Microcontroller.



I built it on a Vero board and it has a 7805 regulator so that I can directly connect it to different power sources. I also added IN4001 diode to protect it from voltage direction mistakes. I added female headers to PORT A and PORT B pins so that I can connect sensors, LEDs etc. I also added few headers to ground and +5V to get output power.

Here is the schematic of the circuit.



The oscillator I used was 4MHz one and it is ok for most experiments.

If you are planning to build this, I advise you to use a ZIP socket instead of the general IC socket. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment