Monday, December 12, 2016

Stepper Motor Controlling using Arduino

I found a stepper motor from a broken printer and I was thinking how to control this. Because controlling an stepper motor is not easy as controlling a simple DC motor.

First I found that the stepper was a uni-polar type one. Then using Arduino stepper library, it was a peace of cake building this project.

I purchased ULN2004A motor controller and here is the schematic from Arduino official tutorial.

This is an interesting project because you can control the speed of your stepper motor using potentiometer. I used a 50K (Kilo Ohms) one.

Here is an image of my project setup :



Here is the video of my project:


And here is the Arduino official tutorial page link. You can find the source code from this link. Have a good day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment